Friday, June 04, 2004

Sputnik sweetheart

Sputnik sweetheart

This is the title of the book I'm reading; it's a Japanese novel, nice so far.
So I haven’t come around to tell that I was at the beach this past weekend, so I didn't get a chance to update my blog, it wasn't a big trip of sorts just a getaway from the rain, but still at least some fun stories to tell. Where shall I begin....hum.
Well I went to one of these all-inclusive hotels in Guanacaste (Tambor), I had not been there in years, to the obvious fact that it sucks, unless your like an alcoholic or white trash, cause the fact of the matter is ticos do not have manners of any kind, I do know there are some of you out there that may be an exception, but for good sakes....

a cool summer pic




First
My sis and I are sitting nicely at our table, the service is crappy most of the time, but anyway, if you have any decency you know that a buffet is not a feeding pen, your not supposed to jam all you can see in one plate, I swear every time it's the same, rude people that cut inline before you, grab all the food a plate can hold, from salad, on top the main course, bread on side and desert on top of it all, I swear horse shit looks better than what some people serve themselves at these places.
Second
So my sis and I are eating our salad, yes salad on one plate! And I'm looking around to restaurant, it's hopeless not to do so, and I catch a glimpse of some girl drowning herself in one of these mountain top plates, she grabs the fork like a prehistoric hunter on the prowl and attacks the piece of fried fish and starts chomping on it in this corndog-like style. After that you could imagine the disgust to see that her plate with a large amount of leftovers goes to her boyfriends side of the table, where he too continues to eat, I was petrified, I mean the guy was eating her partially chewed leftovers while she stretched over the table with a big spoon the get a piece of his desert, YUK!
So anyway I hope this example gives a “nice” picture of what table manners look like from a third person perspective. I say the best manners are the ones that are the simplest.
I mean you don’t have to go around acting like a goddamn prince, just a little decency and common sense will make you look good in any situation.
Third
The snack bar….tantantan! LOL, this story is more simple, we’re sitting by the pool and one of these “papi chulos” as I call them, passes by us, grinning to all the chicks just to show off how hot he is, what a riot, so next thing I know the guy is coming out of the snack bar holding as many paper plates he can, fries, hot dogs, burgers, you name it he had it, but then all of the sudden he tripped, and fell on his butt, you should have seen it, I swear that it was like watching in slow motion, an better yet, all the food came falling down on him…. My lord was that funny as hell, I mean if he had not been such a hot shot beach stud wanna be, maybe someone would have helped him get up or something, but what goes around, comes around. Everyone around the pool just stared in awe…

So on a more cheerful note, the weather over there was perfect lots of good sun for my potato colored legs, LOL, and on Saturday night we went to a foam party, I had never been to one, and it was actually very cool, full of drunk middle-age men, but cool, LOL.

Also my dad bought me one of those stuffed souvenir animals, it’s a lizard/salamander filled with sand and made with metallic blue fabric, his name is Uki, and he’s from Malaysia, I’ll try to get a photo of him to post soon.

Well that’s all folks

C ya!

ps: i got into my head i want to the the eco-challenge, any one wanna join...LOL

3 comments:

samiq said...

I'm on it, although I'm a little drunk right now... but I mean it could be fun :)

Cheers,

G.

BTW, I went to your school on thursday sit bat near the Cafe Britt shop, had a nice Capuccino and look around, hope u were there so I can meet u ;)

Roberto Yglesias said...

I think the eco-challenge would be cool! I'm in, just give me a cal!! :)

samiq said...

Just another saturday, I'm drunk, not as usual, this weekend I've been celebrating my very best friend b-day, I hooked up with an american girl, I wish this could be repeated someday in the near future...

U know Naty, even when u don't know me, and I don't know u, must of what we have talked... I'd like to know u, meet u, I don't know... Last week I spent most of the time thinkin about u, how'd u look like, what'd u think about me, I spent most of the hours at ur university thinking what'd u think of me, when u saw me?

I don't know, right now it's 2.44am and I'm kind of sleepy, but isn't that part of life?

Whish I'd know what're u thinking right now...

G.

P.S. Forget everithing I said, and if u get a change delete this message.