Wednesday, May 26, 2004

*** the bride***

I must have been born on the wrong side of the planet, because I love Japan and anything Asian. Still I will try to make an attempt of an in-depth analysis of Kill Bill as much as my knowledge and self opinion of the movie occurs. Let’s start with the beginning, I did not se KB in a movie theater, I rented it on DVD, went home and hooked up my sis’s PS2 to my 14” TV and pressed play, my mind awaited anxiously as the startup screen options appeared and as I puzzled myself pressing in disarray on the game control to see which button was play, (that was tiresome), finally it started with beautiful 70’s looking Cinemascope banner just like in the old movie, gritty and all. The movie executes perfectly from start to finish, yes I know it jumps back and forward from past events, but please I hated that comment someone said that he didn’t get the movie because of this. I guess one has to be really excited and focused on details to really get all the info as fast as it comes. Now lets indulged the story, Uma Thurman plays “The Bride” of course she gets the name after the assassination attempt by her old gang members where she was a.k.a. Black Mamba, (cool code name don’t you think), well old Bill played by David Carradine, and for you who don’t know who he is, how can someone forget Kung Fu, a classic sitcom of the 70’s ironically created and was-to-be stared by Bruce Lee. So obviously casting David Carradine for this role was not only iconic but a paradoxical villain. Now lets talk about the death squad, I guess it was very well thought out except Vivica A. Fox, I didn’t think her character jelled, I mean she didn’t have anything special to bring to the movie (see this is my opinion talking…LOL), well anyway I feel that the movie invokes Asian action characters to it’s best, each one has its own particularity, its own grudge with The Bride and there own secret code name (how underground). I guess by now all of you are thinking: long analysis, well I guess so, I think I’ll leave it up to here, if any one wants further info which I do have. Post me!

thanx 4 readin’

nat

3 comments:

Roberto Yglesias said...

Have to see KB, haven´t even seen the first one, but they both seem pretty COOL!

Hailey Dai said...

Yo vi las dos partes de la pelicula el mismo dia del estreno... y una pelicula como esas es digna de ver en el cine, de esta forma se puede observar detenidadmente la increible fotografia que tiene esta pelicula... sinceramente me encanta el humor negro de Tarantino, es un genio... nos vemos... y si puedes escribe en espaƱol... ;) pura vida...

CR3364N said...

ufff....
kb vol 2
wow!!! i dont know, i really spected more, but, come a tell that the grossy eye stump part wasn't, how can i say???
so.... TARANTINO!!!! XD